Organization: Blixt BV, Congresstraat 47, 1000 Brussels, is responsible for the processing of personal data as shown in this privacy statement.
Tel: +32 2 203 95 49
Data Protection Officer: Tim Vermeir, email@example.com, +32 496 47 65 16
Personal data that we process: Blixt processes your personal data because of our legally defined powers and obligations, because you make use of our services and/or because you yourself (have) provided them to us.
Below you will find an overview of the personal data that we (possibly) process:
- First name and surname
- Gender (M/F)
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Address details
- Telephone number
- E-mail address
- IP address
- Other personal data that you actively provide, for example by creating a profile on this website, in correspondence and by telephone.
- Location details
- Information about your activities on our website
- Bank account number
Special and/or sensitive personal data that we process.
Blixt processes (if any) the following special and/or sensitive personal data relating to your criminal past, facts or convictions, political involvement (PEP)
With our website, we do not want to collect information about website visitors under the age of 16. However, we cannot verify whether a visitor is over 16 years of age. We encourage parents to be involved in their children's online activities in order to prevent the collection of information about children without parental consent. If you believe that we have collected personal information about a minor without that consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why and on what basis do we process personal data?
Blixt processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- to deliver services requested by you;
- to establish and manage its (potential) relationship with you;
- to provide you with marketing/commercial information (postal and/or e-mail);
- to optimize the quality of its services and the functionality of the Blixt Website;
- to ensure the security of its office, systems and the Blixt Website;
- to prevent, detect and investigate fraudulent or criminal activities;
- to operate and manage its business processes and IT infrastructure;
- to carry out recruitment activities;
- to assess job applications;
- to conclude, execute and terminate agreements for the procurement of products or services;
- to carry out business development activities;
- in the context of a (potential) corporate transaction, such as a merger, sale or change of control;
- to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights;
- to protect the rights of third parties;
- to comply with any applicable laws and regulations, court orders or the requests of an authority; and
- for any other purpose communicated to you prior to (or ultimately at the time of) the collecting of the personal data.
Blixt shall use your personal data on the basis of one or more of the following legal grounds:
- because the use of your personal data is necessary for the conclusion and performance of an agreement with you;
- because the use of your personal data is necessary to ensure compliance with its legal obligations;
- because the use of your personal data is necessary for the purposes of Blixt’s legitimate interests or those of a third party; and/or
- because you have consented to the use of your personal data.
Blixt has a legitimate interest in collecting and processing personal data, for example, (i) to ensure proper communication with you, (ii) to optimize the quality of its services and functionality of the Blixt Website, (iii) to operate and manage its business processes and IT systems, (iv) to detect, prevent and investigate fraud and (v) to enforce its rights and to comply with legal obligations.
Blixt will only provide you with direct marketing e-mails (e.g. an e-newsletter) after it has obtained your prior explicit consent to receive such e-marketing communications. You have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data for such marketing purposes through the use of the “unsubscribe” link included at the end of a direct marketing e-mail or by contacting Blixt (see contact details below).
How long we retain personal data: Blixt does not keep your personal data longer than is strictly necessary to achieve the purposes for which your data are collected.
Sharing personal data with third parties: Blixt does not sell your data to third parties and only provides them if this is necessary for the execution of our legal obligations and powers or the agreement with you.
View, modify or delete data: You can ask us for information about and access to your personal data. You can also object to our processing of your personal data. Furthermore, under certain circumstances you may ask us to correct or delete your personal data, to limit the processing of your personal data by us and to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to pass your personal data (or have it passed on) to another organisation.
To ensure that the request for inspection has been made by you, we ask you to enclose a copy of your proof of identity with the request. In this copy, make your passport photo, MRZ (machine readable zone, the strip with numbers at the bottom of your proof of identity), identity or passport number and Rijksregisternummer black. This is to protect your privacy.
Blixt will respond as soon as possible and in any case within thirty days.
Blixt cannot be obliged to comply with your request for inspection, correction, removal or transfer. This is because of our legal obligations, reasons of general interest (storage, statistical analysis, scientific or historical research), for the institution, exercise or substantiation of a legal claim or the justified exercise of the right to freedom of expression and/or information.
If you have any questions, comments or complaints about this Privacy Statement or about our processing of your personal data, please feel free to contact email@example.com or +32 2 203 95 49.
You can submit a complaint to the Belgian Data Protection Authority.
Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussel
+32 (0)2 274 48 00
+32 (0)2 274 48 35